Feifei's hoping to set up her own business making and selling cakes but Rob is doubtful it will be successful. He uses an athletic metaphor that means she will fail at the start.
Helen is finding her mobile phone company a nightmare to deal with. Neil uses an expression to describe her feeling and comes up with a suggestion.
Rob is worried because one of his friends has a problem with saving money because he has an urge to spend it all on pay day. Li has come up with the perfect phrase to describe thes
Helen has lost her precious earring. In a panic, she's searching everywhere for it. Neil is worried about the mess she's creating and tries to help.
Neil and Feifei catch a train in order to teach a useful expression often heard in the office environment. Going backwards makes Feifei feel sick but luckily this expression is all
Feifei's cooking a special cake for Helen's birthday but Rob thinks she might have the wrong recipe. What does he mean and how can Feifei turn the cake from a disaster to a succe
Helen is looking for an adventure holiday in a faraway country, one thing worries her is the language, how can she learn the basics within a short time? Neil has an idea.
Helen has just returned from her dream holiday and she's feeling fabulous. What about Finn, is he tempted to go on a break too? Will he get the special offer in time?
Something has put Finn in a good mood but what has that got to do with spring when it is still winter? Rob explains a seasonal idiom to Feifei that compares the feeling of spring w
Rob and Feifei have been to a wedding. Feifei hopes Tim, the groom, might change his bad habits now that he's married but Rob thinks he's like a leopard. What is it about this wi
Two of Finn and Feifei's colleagues are having an argument. Finn asked Feifei who started the argument. Which expression did Feifei use in her answer? What does her expression mea
Neil is excited about launching his new website but he said that he needs to 'test the water' first. Li is confused about why he needs water for his new website. What does Neil m
Has Neil won the London marathon? Or has he just been to the cinema? Who can you trust? It seems that someone's been giving false information... Learn a useful phrase about lying
Rob's been asked to dress up like a monkey but it seems like someone is literally making a monkey out of him! What does that mean and why is someone foolish compared to a monkey?
Helen has been nominated for an important role on the Parents Association, but she's having nightmares about it. Neil comes up with a plan and tells her to drop it before it becom
Rob is taken aback by the mess in the studio and asks Li why she has emptied all her stuff from her handbag onto the floor. Li replies, 'there's method to my madness'. What does
Neil's made a great saving by going to a car boot sale and stocking up on all his kids' presents for next year! Let's hope they don't find out! He also picked up an old coin w
Neil and Li are talking about the Christmas presents they received. Li describes her presents as 'cheap and cheerful' whereas the smart watch Neil's wife bought him is 'cheap a
Helen's not happy about a decision that's been made and Rob tries to offer some sympathy with a strange idiom that involves swallowing something that doesn't taste very nice. Fi
You may have heard of the word ‘potty’, especially if there are babies around. But do you know what makes Neil ‘go potty’? Find out in the programme.
Neil is dying for a game of squash after work and he is going to ask Li if she is up for it. Do you think Li is game? Listen and find out.
Feifei's friend told her a shot of liquor would put hairs on her chest. She did not understand what the expression meant so she has brought the question to this programme. Listen
Finn arrives late for the studio recording. When he finally arrives, why does Li say that a woman from the marketing department fancies him?
When things are not going as planned, we can say they've gone 'down the pan', but which pan is it? Find out from Neil.
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 2飛行汽車即將成真 日本公司進行原型測試
- 4國際英語新聞:Uzbekistan's parliament approves incumbent prime minister to lead gov't
- 5國際英語新聞:Lebanon forms new cabinet, PM vows to exert efforts to save country
- 6國際英語新聞:Putin appoints new Russian cabinet members
- 7國內英語新聞:Chinese envoy expects new starting point for Libyan issue after Berlin conference
- 8國際英語新聞:Jordan reiterates support for Iraq's security, stability
- 9國內英語新聞:Xi Focus: Xi extends Chinese New Year greetings to all Chinese
- 10國際英語新聞:WEF annual meeting opens with focus on cohesive, sustainable development
- 1國際英語新聞:Trump impeachment trial formally starts in Senate
- 2國際英語新聞:India's main ruling party BJP elects new president
- 3國際英語新聞:100 injured in clashes between protesters, riot police in Lebanon's capital: TV report
- 4國際英語新聞:Pompeo meets Pakistani FM on Afghanistan, ties
- 5國際英語新聞:Spotlight: Trump impeachment trial in U.S. Senate gets underway
- 6國際英語新聞:U.S. House sends Trump impeachment articles to Republican-led Senate
- 7國際英語新聞:Sri Lanka, Russia to actively engage in Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- 8國際英語新聞:Talks between Libyan warring leaders in Moscow go positively: Turkish president
- 9國際英語新聞:Iran's IRGC accepts "responsibility" for Ukrainian plane crash
- 10國際英語新聞:Security Council calls on member states to fully comply with UN Charter: statement