MRS RAMIREZ: I told you, Carlos! It's impossible to understand that map! Why don't we go by cab?
MR RAMIREZ: But I want to go by subway, Conchita!Look, we’re here in Washdo
HUGO:Is that letter ready yet, Lucy?
LUCY: I've nearly finished it, Mr Peters.
HUGO:Well, post it as soon as it's ready, please. I'm just going to the bookstore.
LUCY: Hugo Pete
Carlos Ramirez Visits Washdon - by Kristi Schmidt
A particularly interesting visitor to Washdon this week is the Mexican multi-millionaire Carlos Ramirez.
For those of you
ROWLAND: This is Brighton Station. It's a busy station. Many passengers travel up to London every day from here. I'm going to talk to one or two of the passengers now. Let's tal
PRIEST: Welcome to St. Stephen's Church on this happy day! We are here to celebrate the wedding of David and Juanita. Does anyone here know of any reason why David and Juanita sho
HUGO: I want to speak to Roger Temple.
ROGER: Ah, it's you, Hugo. Well?
HUGO: Look, Roger, I think I know where I can get your money and your passport. It'll just t
A wonderful thing has happened to me: they are sending me to Trinidad to try to catch Hugo Peters, Roger, and “The Boss”. I'm standing in the Airport while
DAVID: This is the life, right? Just sitting here on this beach, having a drink or two, watching the world go by. This is the way to live!
JUANITA: David, I'll go crazy if we stay
MATTHEW: My name's Matthew, and I work at the Virgin Record Store in Brighton, and I'm a sales assistant.
CLARE: How long have you actually worked here?
MATTHEW: Two years.
TAXI DRIVER: Look, where we going man? I tell you there's nothing up this road.
ROGER: Take the next left.
TAXI DRIVER: But there's only a farm up there. Just a few fruit trees,
The Universe Hotel,
Port of Spain,
This is just to say that Juanita and I are having a marvellous honeymoon here on Trinidad. Ther
JOHN: Where’s the phone booth? It’s just around the corner, I think - ah, here it is!
JOHN: Clive: 011 621 8056. Let’s hope he's in.
1ST GIRL: ...so did you take
ROWLAND: Well, I'm here at Southampton Eastleigh Airport on the South Coast of England. It's a small airport with destinations for their flights to the Channel Islands of Guernse
DUDU: Have we got everything now?
SASA: Yeah, I guess so.
JOHN: Hey! How come you've got a Plastic Box van?
DUDU: It's Sasa's Dad's company. He's the Chairman, or something.
The New Music Weekly - 2nd April
by Mike Pinhead.
It's been a good year for new bands and one of the most interesting so far is Washdon duo Nervous Equipme
HELEN: I'm WPC Helen Hanks, and I'm stationed at Lewes Police Station, which is in the county of Sussex in England.
STEPHEN: My name is Stephen Rowle. I'm a Police Constable in
SECRETARY: There it is - the black Toyota! Go!
ROGER: What fools! Did they really think I was stupid enough to stay in the car? Aah, I knew he was going to try and kill me. I'll g
HUGO: Annie, please! Are you there?
CHRIS: Here we go. Hey, are you Annie's dad?
HUGO: Yes, and I want to -
CHRIS: Get lost!
HUGO: What? Look here, young man, I want to see my dau
The Marlborough Hotel
101 Grand Avenue
As I haven't heard anything from you for quite a long time, I thought I'd write you this little letter, just to g
ROWLAND: John - you are a professional broadcaster and journalist and you're also very keen on football. When did that interest start?
JOHN: As a small boy. And I think you'll fi
THACKER: So is that all that happened in Trinidad, Carter? It cost us thousands of dollars to send you there, so that you could speak to Hugo Peters about the view over the Island.
SUSAN: I suppose I'd better go out and do some shopping. Can I just go out like this? I'll have a look at myself. My God! I look awful. I suppose I'll have to wash my face, and
ROWLAND: Myra - you're a professionally trained marriage counsellor. Could you describe your work?
MYRA: Yes, we deal with any type of relationship issue that comes our way. We us
MARCO: Come in!
MARCO: Oh hello, Mary! I wasn't expecting you. What a surprise to see you, and, er…
MARY: I was just passing, so I thought I'd say “Hi”, and in
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 2國際英語新聞:High time to take on protectionist measures by some developed countries: Indian minister
- 3國際英語新聞:Death toll of West Nile virus rises to 10 in Greece
- 4國內英語新聞:Premier Li calls for enhancing cooperation with ROK, Japan
- 5國際英語新聞:Spotlight: UK signs deal with ROK to protect post-Brexit trade
- 6國內英語新聞:China's top legislature starts bimonthly session
- 7國際英語新聞:Saudi-backed Yemen gov't holds meeting to discuss escalation in Aden
- 8國內英語新聞:Happiness of people is what CPC pursues: Xi
- 9國際英語新聞:U.S. state secretary visits Ottawa before G7 summit
- 10國內英語新聞:Xi exchanges messages with Lao leader on bus accident of Chinese tourists
- 1國際英語新聞:Italian president to decide on snap elections next week after new round of talks
- 2國際英語新聞:2 policemen killed, 1 injured in firing in Pakistan's Islamabad
- 3國際英語新聞:UN official calls for "genuine dialogue" to avoid confrontation in Middle East
- 4國際英語新聞:UN commemorates fallen colleagues in 2003 Baghdad attack
- 5國際英語新聞:Chinese tourists injured in bus accident in Moscow
- 6國際英語新聞:Clashes with Israeli soldiers in eastern Gaza wound 63 Palestinians: medics
- 7國際英語新聞:Fire guts Bangladesh plastic factory
- 8國際英語新聞:Interview: U.S. financial industry veteran optimistic about U.S.-China relations
- 9國內英語新聞:Shanghai issues orange alert as Typhoon Lekima lands
- 10國際英語新聞:Cambodia, Sri Lanka sign 2 deals to boost bilateral ties