He Taught Us to Love
Russ was a lovable kid with a myriad of communication challenges a speech impediment, dyslexia, auditory and large motor problems. But today he is walking confidently, standing
[00:02.02]A New Toy for Curie’s Daughter
[00:06.62]Pierre Curie made a trip to London to receive the Davy Medal.
[00:11.09]This great honor had been awarded to Pierre and Marie by the Royal Societ
[00:02.13]My Friend, Albert Einstein
[00:04.96]He was one of the greatest scientists the world has ever known,
[00:09.99]yet if I had to convey the essence of Albert Einstein in a single word,
[00:03.45]Years ago, when I was working as a psychologist at a children's institution in England,
[00:10.88]an adolescent boy showed up in the waiting room. It was David.
[00:01.37]Flowers on the Bus
[00:04.31]We were a very motley crowd of people who took the bus every day
[00:09.56]that summer 33 years ago.
[00:11.65]During the early morning ride from the suburb
[00:01.69]The God in Youth: Michael Jordan
[00:05.51]The summer after ninth grade,
[00:08.68]Michael Jordan and Smith both went to Pop Herring’s basketball camp.
[00:13.73]In Smith’s mind there
[00:02.36]The Boy with the Billion-Dollar Secret懷有億萬美元秘密的男孩
[00:06.60]One day in 1965, when I was a librarian
[00:11.21]at View Ridge School in Seattle a fourth-grade teacher approached m
[00:03.75]In 1921, Lewis Lawes became the warden at Sing Sing Prison of New York State.
[00:12.08]No prison was tougher than Sing Sing during that time.
[00:01.80]Li Ka-shing and a Coin李嘉誠和一枚硬幣
[00:04.19]Once while trying to reach his car key,
[00:08.79]Li Ka-shing (East Asia’s richest man and generous philanthropist)
[00:14.15]dropped a t
[00:00.00]Most Beautiful People 英語智慧背囊
[00:10.66]The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat,
[00:15.46]suffering, struggle, loss,
[00:17.22]and have found their way out of the
[00:05.06]When I was growing up, I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs.
[00:10.43]He was very nice, and never yelled at us for playing in his yard.
[00:04.54]This is kind of personal. It may get a little syrupy, so watch out.
[00:10.78]It started as a note to my wife.
[00:12.97]And then I thought that sinc
[00:02.02]How Napoleon Crossed the Alps拿破侖是怎樣越過阿爾卑斯山的
[00:04.74]In France there lived a great general whose name was Napoleon Bonaparte.
[00:11.53]He was the leader of the French army
[00:01.47]The Medal of Life生命的獎牌
[00:03.75]After giving a talk at a high school,
[00:07.49]I was asked to pay a visit to a special student.
[00:10.32]An illness had kept the boy home,
[00:01.81]Laughing Matter 一笑置之
[00:05.07]Cancer is no laughing matter,
[00:08.57]but a woman suffering through chemotherapy is rethinking that.
[00:11.75]Bonnie Southcott, of Ferndale, Washing
[00:00.00]A Better World 英語智慧背囊
[00:04.66]This is the true joy of life,
[00:08.05]being a force of nature to make the world a better place,
[00:11.76]instead of a selfish little clot,
[00:00.00]The Green Banana青香蕉
[00:05.07]My encounter with the green banana started on a steep mountain road in Brazil.
[00:11.31]My ancient jeep was zigzagging when the radiator began to leak.
[00:00.00]World of Smiles 微笑的世界
[00:06.17]About ten years ago
[00:09.12]when I was an undergraduate in college,
[00:11.42]I was working as an intern at my University’s Museum of Natural His
[00:00.00]Think it over 好好想想
[00:04.55]Today we have higherbuildings and wider highways,
[00:09.26]but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
[00:12.75]We spend more, but enjoy less
[00:00.00]The Best Teacher I Ever Had 我遇到的最好的老師
[00:05.41]Mr. Whitson taught sixth-grade science.
[00:10.00]On the first day of class,
[00:12.09]he gave us a lecture about a creature calle
[00:00.00]An overcoat 一件大衣
[00:04.53]My l4-year-old son, John,
[00:07.60]and I spotted the coat simultaneously.
[00:10.22]It was hanging on a rack
[00:12.53]at a secondhand clothing store i
[00:00.00]Easter in Jackson 杰克遜的復活節
[00:05.25]The pounding rain began in the middle of the night.
[00:09.65]The people of Jackson,
[00:11.08]Ohio awoke to the sound then went back to sleep
[00:00.00]Salted Wisdom 鹽一樣的智慧
[00:04.53]A story tells about a senior villager
[00:08.34]who led other villagers carrying salt day and night to a town
[00:11.98]in order to trade barley as
[00:00.00]My First Poem 我寫的第一首詩
[00:05.73]When I was eight, I wrote my first poem.
[00:09.01]My mother read the little poem and poured out her praise.
[00:12.75]Why, this poem was nothing s
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 6國際英語新聞:British royal family allows Harry, Meghan to step back from royal duties
- 7國際英語新聞:7 remain missing as over 150 rescued following avalanche in Nepal
- 8國際英語新聞:OPEC, partners to extend production cut deal to end of 2020: UBS
- 9體壇英語新聞：Gallardo commits future to River Plate
- 10國內英語新聞:Chinese, Vietnamese leaders call for closer partnership
- 1國際英語新聞:100 injured in clashes between protesters, riot police in Lebanon's capital: TV report
- 2國際英語新聞:Pompeo meets Pakistani FM on Afghanistan, ties
- 3國際英語新聞:Spotlight: Trump impeachment trial in U.S. Senate gets underway
- 4國際英語新聞:U.S. House sends Trump impeachment articles to Republican-led Senate
- 5國際英語新聞:Sri Lanka, Russia to actively engage in Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- 6國際英語新聞:Talks between Libyan warring leaders in Moscow go positively: Turkish president
- 7國際英語新聞:Iran's IRGC accepts "responsibility" for Ukrainian plane crash
- 8國際英語新聞:Security Council calls on member states to fully comply with UN Charter: statement
- 9國際英語新聞:Trump says no U.S. casualties in Iran attacks, signaling de-escalation
- 10國際英語新聞:Putin visits Damascus, meets Syrian president